Tour des Gendres

gendre

Vincenzo de Conti along with his wife & children settled down in South-West France in 1925. In 1956, his son Primo de Conti took over the family agricultural business with his wife Michelle, who looked after a couple of horses, and with his brother Albert. Luc, the 3rd generation, settled down at the farm in the early 80s following his passion for horses. He inherited a number of old vines, and planted more plots later on, while his wife Martine started managing the receptive side of the business. His cousin Francis, with whom he grew up within this large family, joined Luc, Martine & the business in 1990. He brought with him 20 hectares of vines planted in the Saint Julien d’Eymet and Grand Caillou areas and took charge of the vines. In the 12th Century, the vineyard was known as Bridoire Castle’s vineyard, due to “Les Gendres” being situated on an ancient Gallo-Roman villa. As written in Féret’s 1903 work, Les Gendres was named after the old owner Mr. Peyronny, son-in-law of Marquis Foucault de Lardimalie (owner of Bridoire Castle). After sadly being destroyed in the Phylloxera crisis in the early 19th Century, the vineyard now covers only a tenth of what it was originally. 

Newsletter!

Please enable the javascript to submit this form

  • PAPHOS BOUTIQUE & WINE BAR
    Neophytou Nikolaidi 53
    Paphos
    Call us for more information:
    T: 26 100555
  • NICOSIA BOUTIQUE
    Prodromou 49C
    Nicosia 1090
    Call us for more information:
    T: 22 730138